I've been on a self-imposed mission: find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's been an interesting experience. But I feel confident in saying that I have found them. Rather by happenstance, really. But I found them. How can you not look at these pictures and have saliva forming and pooling in your mouth? They are perfect, in my mind. Yummy award winner in my book!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 375, bake 9-11 minutes
3 1/4 c flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1/2 c butter, soft
1/2 c margarine, soft
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 t vanilla
2 eggs
2 c extra large chocolate chips
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter and margarine, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Now you may ask why margarine and butter? Butter makes cookies crispy and crunchy, margarine makes cookies soft and chewy...well, I like the best of both worlds! Just one of the tricks I've picked up while on my quest :).
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after egg each.
Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. I've only been able to find the extra large chocolate chip cookies at Soelbergs and Maceys Grocery Stores. They are SO worth it! Didn't you see that first picture???
Bake until golden and delicious. Cool on a wire rack and eat them. You don't have to share. I won't tell ;)

3 comments:
So I'm thinking you should let the awesome Tuesday night crew be the judge, don't you think?
Crystal - those cookies are the BEST that I've ever made. Thanks for sharing the recipe and is it okay if I post it on my blog? Love, love, love them! Totally miss you and all the gals!
Colleen
All right, Cheri, I'll have to bring them in sometime! And I'm glad you liked them, Colleen! I miss you too!
Post a Comment