So as many of you know, I have worked in labor and delivery for 8+ years. I have absolutely loved my job and have had the opportunity of taking care of many friends, family and co-workers. Since I grew up in this area, I have known many of the patients that have come in. I have great memories of my time in labor and delivery, but I have decided that it is time to move on for various reasons that I don't really want to go into. Yesterday I was offered and I accepted a job working in the ER. I am scared, nervous, and very excited! I love to learn, so I am most excited about the learning curve that I am going to be challenged with. After I got off the phone with Holli (my new manager), I said to myself, "Oh, crap! Am I really doing this???" It took literally hours before the butterflies went away. I am comfortable with L&D, so adventuring in to this new field of medicine is definitely stepping out of my comfort zone. Wish me luck as I embark on this new adventure!
8 comments:
Congratulations on the new job. PLEEEAAASSSEEE don't call me at 2AM!
Big Smiles!!!
Marc
You will do SUPER! Congrats on the new change!
Congrats to you but we will miss you SO much!! You are an awesome nurse and will do great!
Man...wish I was done with school and ready to take your spot!
The upside? Working in ER, I'll see you more often. We do x-rays a couple times a year. *sigh*
Congratulations!! New Challenge are always a good thing, I'm sure you'll do a Great job!!
You are going to be great!!! No two days are ever the same and the staff you will be with are fabulous people. I occasionally still pick up a PRN shift, hopefully we can work together again sometime.
Yeah for you! You will be fabulous at this, just as you were with labor and delivery! I just hope I don't have to see you up there anytime for an emergency...Yikes! But thank goodness for people like you to be there for the rest of us!
Congrats on the new job!! I'm sure you'll do great. How are you guys doing? your kids are sooooo cute an grown up!
Post a Comment