Thursday morning I woke up in severe pain. I threw up and could barely move. Joseph took me to the ER where they ran blood tests, urine tests, x-rays and a CT scan...nothing showed up. So they sent me home with zofran and percocet and had me go in to St. Marks Hospital today for an endoscopy. As bad as that sounds, I was out for the whole thing and I don't even have the dry itchy throat that is common afterwards. Heck of a lot better than a colonoscopy! I'd rather the scope go through my mouth than my back door! They did find an area in my stomach and the beginning of my small intestine that they biopsied. She also perscribed me a new medication because she thinks that it was just a very severe flair up of my IBS. I just took it a couple of hours ago and I am happy to say that the pain is finally gone. Hopefully we are finally on top of this whole thing!
4 comments:
Oh boy. I've had an endoscopy. They told me they'd put me out for it and I wouldn't remember a thing. Liars.
I'm glad that you are feeling better though!
That's good that you are feeling better! I had a similar situation last year but they didn't do the edoscopy. At least you found out what was wrong. I was just sick, sick, sick for days and then it all went away. Weird. Hopefully it doesn't come back!
I'm sorry that you haven't felt good. I hope that they've found the problem and that you continue to feel better!!
That's a total bummer! So sorry to hear that you went through all that. Hopefully you'll feel better soon enough. Miss ya!
Post a Comment