GO TEVAN!!!
This summer Tevan has been bound and determined to learn to ride his bike without training wheels. I finally decided to give in and take the wheels off. He tended to trust Daddy more, so "lucky" daddy got the job of running--a lot! The first couple of days were quite difficult and he would get frustrated. So, we told him that if he learned how to ride his bike that we would take him to Lagoon (I told you that we were not above bribery!). Also, when I was at Walmart I saw this nifty handle that you hook to their back wheel that helps the parents hold on to the bike and it said on there "my kid learned how to ride in 15 minutes!". I was like, "sure, whatever, but at least it will save our backs!" So I spent the $18 and bought it. No lie, in less than 15 minutes he was doing it all on his own except for starting, stopping and turning. By the next day he was turning on his own and just a couple of days later he was able to stop on his own. He is still having a hard time with the initial start because he just needs a little more confidence and still needs mom or dad to pretend we are holding on to the handle :). Last Friday and Sunday we even rode our bikes all the way around our subdivision--he did so good. Great job, Tevan!





No comments:
Post a Comment