Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So, here's to being an active part of your own health and medical decisions! After 2 weeks of dying in pain I finally insisted that my GYN see me. There's no way I would have lasted for another 6 weeks! So when I went in to see her, she checked my ovaries and said that everything was fine and that she thought that it must be some type of intestinal problem or disease. She ordered an ultrasound just to be sure. So the next day I went to Dr. Abarca's PA and told him that I had been cleared obstetrically and after his assessment and history, etc., he determined that I either had a large ulcer in my large intestine or something else involving my intestine. He gave me medicine to try over the weekend. Hallelujah! The pain is gone! Today is my first complete day so far with no pain! Thankfully I insisted on being seen because had I continued to take Motrin 800 mg and Ultram for the "cyst pain" I would have ended up in the hospital with a GI bleed by the time 2 months came around. As far as the cyst? Well, I went in for an ultrasound on Monday and my left ovary is plastered with cysts and my right ovary still has that large cyst on it along with a couple of small ones. Great... Oh, well. At least the pain is gone for now until that big juicy cyst decides to burst and spray acid all over my insides. I am so looking forward to that!

On another note, is it just me, or is everyone I know pregnant??? That really helps my baby hunger. I've been having such a hard time dealing with it lately. Any of you want to be a serrogate mother for me?? No seriously, maybe I will convince joseph to adopt some time in the near future. Who knows. Anyway, for those of you who are pregnant, congratulations and please don't complain too much... there are some women that would give anything to be in your shoes right now.

My brother and sister-in-law welcomed their first baby in to the world this morning at around 2 am. They had a scary delivery but everything is going better now. They named her Lexi Ann and she weighed 7 lbs and was 19 inches long. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them. Congrats Chris and Leslie!

4 comments:

Leeann said...

I am SO glad to hear that! There is no need for you to be in pain like that.
Crystal, I would TOTALLY be a surrogate for you. I am NOT just saying this. One of the things on my "List of things to do before I die" is to be a surrogate for someone. I cannot imagine a better gift to give, than to give a child to it's parents.
Unfortunately, the uterus apartment is booked solid until Jan. 09. HOWEVER, after that....the vacancy is WIDE open. (and will remain that way, because darn it, we are DONE!) :)
Don't just "uh-huh" me and move on. I'm serious.

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

I'm not pregnant! But I am right with you! Two of my best friends are pregnant along with a slew of other people in my neighborhood, ward, etc.. I would like to have another baby, but the timing hasn't happened yet! We are having way too much fun to be sick with pregnancy right now! Maybe next year.. I'm glad your feeling better! I'd love to come see your new home, it looks so nice! Keep in touch!

Tanielle said...

Oh Crystal! I'm so glad your new medication is helping your pain! And sorry about complaining! I think us pregnant gals come to you with our complaints because you are a sympathetic listener and a nurse to boot! We know that our complaints will get helpful answers! Now that I am on a great medication, no more complaints, promise!

Anonymous said...

I'm not pregnant... I think we'd have a problem if I was!! I'm so sorry Crystal, I can't help but think there still might be something out there for you. There are so many kids out there that need Wonderful parents like you and Joe. You never know what might be in store for you!!