Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So being a woman sucks. Periods. Cramps. Pregnancy. Cysts. Baby fat. Hormones. Oh, yea...and did I say cysts? grrr. I'm so tired of hurting! I wish that it would just burst already like my others have. I went and saw my doctor today and they won't do anything about it (ie. surgery) until it gets bigger. Excuse me? Bigger? Do you know what it feels like to have an ovarian cyst burst and spurt acidic fluid all over your insides? It really burns and really hurts a whole lot--bring on the labor contractions any day! Ok, so maybe not labor any day, but at least a cute baby resulted at the end of all that pain! I know surgery's no picnic to recover from either, but they won't even do an ultrasound for another 6 weeks to check the size. "I'm sorry, here's some Motrin to help with the pain. Good luck and see you in 6 weeks when we may or may not do any thing about it if it has not burst yet." Perfect. So I'm wondering if I really push myself hard on my pilates if all the pressure from working out will make it burst... I tried pushing really hard on my pelvic area last night to see if I could get it to burst that way, but that just made me hurt more. Any ideas out there?

6 comments:

the letter "J" said...

I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain and there is nothing that can be done! I wish there was something I could recommend, but I have never had to deal with those. Best of luck!

Leeann said...

I'm sorry...I'm just giggling at the NURSE asking all of US about what to do. :)
With that said...I'd probably kill my doctor. Seriously? Motrin? While I've never had one...your description is enough to have me doubled over in pain.
What about a second opinion?

Brittney said...

I'm not a medical expert (and I have no experience with cysts), but could they not somehow relieve the pressure without resorting to surgery (i.e. lance a boil)?

Logically, it would seem like there should be something they could do for you that would not just mask the pain but would not require you to resort to surgery. Could they use a needle of some sort under local anethesia just to drain it? Maybe it's not that simple; again, I have no experience with cysts. I feel bad for you...I'll keep you in my prayers. Good luck!

Heather said...

Crystal-I am sorry you are still under the weather, appendicitis would have probably been easier. Since ovarian cysts are controlled by hormones, is there any hormone therapy available? By the way, "Ticket to Ride" was a HUGE hit at our family reunion. We want to play it with you guys again, when you feel better.

Heather said...

Crystal-I am sorry you are still under the weather, appendicitis would have probably been easier. Since ovarian cysts are controlled by hormones, is there any hormone therapy available? By the way, "Ticket to Ride" was a HUGE hit at our family reunion. We want to play it with you guys again, when you feel better.

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

I hear ya! I've been in the ER before because of a ruptured cyst, its terrible! I thought for sure I was dying from some unknown medical mystery!! Sorry its so painful!! Cute blog!!!!