I worked Friday night (May 9th) and on Saturday morning, an hour and a half after I had finally gotten to sleep, Joseph came and woke me up telling me that the basement had flooded. Grrrrr. The water had leaked on the stack of blinds that were luckily still in boxes and were unharmed. It had also pooled out into the basement foyer's carpet. We shut the main water off, grabbed buckets, towels and the wet-dry vac and cleaned up the water and pulled up the carpet to dry. It turns out that the water line was not hooked on to the back of the washer tight enough and so the water leaked down the back of the washer, between the trim and tile and down a vent into the basement. Luckily no permanent damage was done except that I only had 90 minutes of sleep that day. Yawn.....
No comments:
Post a Comment