Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Snicker Salad

I've had a hobby ever since I graduated from nursing school of gathering and trying new recipes. It's become an addiction now! I also love to share recipes, so I decided to include some of my favorite every now and then in this blog. Anyway, the first one that I decided to share is a super easy one that is a definite crowd pleaser and always encourages the discussion of whether it is a side or a dessert. I personally vote that it counts as both so that I can have a serving as a side and a serving again as dessert!! I highly recommend that you double this recipe for parties because it goes fast! So here's what you need:

Snicker Salad
6 Snicker Bars
The largest container of cool whip, (I usually buy a small one, too, just in case it needs a little more)
and 4-5 Granny Smith Apples

So to begin, freeze your Snickers bars, then unwrap and place in a freezer bag.

Then I place it in a second bag, because holes are usually made during the next step...


This is the part that your hubby or kids would probably have a blast helping out, just get out the old trusty hammer and smash those candy bars to bits! I usually take this part outside, cause hammering on my counters makes me nervous! Then you pour them into a large bowl. At this point in time, I find that some of those candy bits tend to start jumping...jumping right into my mouth! Really. I'm just an innocent bystander, I swear...


Anyway, next, clean those beautiful crispy apples. In case you don't know, Granny Smith apples are great for baking and for fruit salad type recipes because they keep their crispness longer.


I used to sell Pampered Chef and I absolutely LOVE their products, so you'll see me using a lot of their products while I cook. So for the next step I get out my trusty apple corer/slicer, 3" paring knife and cutting board.


Slice/core all those apples and then use your knife to peel and dice the apples into bite size pieces. Add them to the bowl with the Snickers pieces.


Last step, add the Cool Whip to a good fruit salad consistency. Make sure it isn't too Cool Whippy. Does that make sense? Hope so!


This is best served the day of, but we are happy to eat the leftovers the next day, too! Yumm!!!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: