Saturday, April 4, 2009

Having an Ugly Betty month...

So as a teenager I struggled with acne and then it kinda cleared up in college. I would break out again during my pregnancies, too. Well, now it is as bad as when I was a teenager. I'm almost 30 for heavens sakes! Anyway, the dermatologist finally put me on a medication called Acutane. Basically it sucks your entire body dry and kills off a majority of the oil glands. I have exzema all over my arms and hands, my face is really broke out and peeling. My eyes are blood-shot and dry. I'm having nose bleeds and headaches and I just want to hide in my house or wear a sack over my head when I am out in public. So embarassing! I just hope it works. The doc said it would take about 4 months and that I am in the "it gets worse before it gets better" stage...so here's hoping. Meanwhile, don't be surprised if I do start wearing a sack or ski mask.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm sure that you look great. I'm sure that when you're not feeling your best, 4 months sounds like an eternity.The things we have to go through to look good...

Leeann said...

I'm sure you are still beautiful!
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Cassandra said...

What? No pictures? ;)

Deb-t said...

Sorry, Crystal! The things we put ourselves through just so we can be prettier and better looking. I don't care one bit! My attitude is this: if it makes me happy, I'm going for it! Hang in there!