Sunday, April 12, 2009

First Tooth Fairy Visit


Unfortunately Tevan's first lost tooth had to be pulled by the dentist, but he loved getting a visit from the Tooth Fairy for the first time! I was very impressed with Dr. Farnworth and his staff. Tevan handled it pretty well, thanks to the happy gas, until the happy gas wore off and he freaked out in the car on the way home. It was like a light switch being flipped off--instant panic attack. Poor kid!
As a side note, I know this is weird, but I am so not a teeth person. I can handle all the bloody gore and bodily fluids that I encounter frequently at the hospital, but holding my son's hand and watching as they pulled his tooth... yea, this mom just about went down! I just could never be a dentist, touching people's teeth, having my hands in their mouth, bad breath, decaying teeth and just plucking their teeth out, not to mention the drilling. Ugh! Not for me!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Susan Engar said...

I definately couldn't be a dentist or do your job at the hospital. It is all I can do not to pass out when my kids get their immunizations and I don't even watch!! A trip to the dentist is never fun, I swear that is where I grew up!!!

4girlsand2boys said...

Don't feel bad, I couldn't watch them pull Brooklyn's four teeth either. Give me delivering babies anyday!!!