So with all of this time off, I have decided that I like being a stay-at-home mom. It's really nice. I have more one-on-one time with my kids, I have been able to find time to scrapbook, I'm not having to go through the day sleep deprived because I worked the night before, and my stress level has really dropped. Unfortunately, duty calls and I will have to return to work in a couple of days. Sigh. I can't complain too much, I am really glad that I am a nurse with the economic situation our country has found ourselves in. I know that if Joseph were to lose his job, I could go to work full-time and we would be just fine (actually better off than we are now, as bizarre as that is). Last night some of my friends were over to scrapbook and we were talking about how sad some of the situations our friends and associates have found themselves in. Did you know that there are families living in the canyons above Tooele? So many that the school bus now stops at the base of the canyon to take the kids to school? That just breaks my heart. It is so cold out there and they are living in tents and tent trailers. And it is supposed to get worse before it hopefully gets better. Wow.
2 comments:
Makes you count your blessings, doesn't it? I understand there are humanitarian efforts to provide the homeless living up Tooele's canyons with "sack lunches". It's so sad to think of little children living like that. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time off. And you are so lucky to have stable employment right now.
I know they've done some clothing drives for the canyon families...specifically maternity clothes. That just breaks my heart.
It's so sad that families have to live like that. Thank goodness for your stable jobs...even if being a SAHM has been nice! :)
Post a Comment