Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcome Baby Makayla!

I have a new niece!!! Her name is Makayla Elisabeth. She was born 3 weeks early on January 2nd at 8:22 pm weighing 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 21 in. long! The proud parents are Clayton and Jenna. I had the great fortune of being the only one they wanted in the delivery room (yeah me!) I was so honored! Jenna started contracting on Thursday night and continued to contract all through the night. At about 4:30 pm on Friday I got the call that it was time to go. We drove in the rain to IMC. When they checked her in at 5:15, she was 6 cm.'s dilated and completely thinned out. Go Jenna! Just a few hours later she was born! Jenna absolutely amazed me! She is so strong! She did it all un-medicated--with her first! You go girl! I'm so proud of her. Little Makayla had some trouble breathing too fast, but she did great and she is absolutely adorable! Clay did a great job, too. He was one of those cute new dads who never left Jenna's side and was always massaging and encouraging her. I love to see new parents holding their baby for the first time. That absolute love and acceptance that beams from their faces is just remarkable and leaves me speechless. Makayla, you are so lucky to have your parents. They will do anything for you and they love you so much. Welcome to the family!





Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is Beautiful!! What an honor to be able to see her birth.

Tanielle said...

Due the same day and she beat me! Good for her! The baby looks healthy and has a good weight on her! So exciting you got to help so much Crystal! Can't wait for you to be there for mine! I don't mind waiting a little longer though!

Deb-t said...

That's very exciting that you were able to be there with Jenna! It seems like yesterday you were making those cute shower invitations for her. Wow! Early baby. She's beautiful.

Unknown said...

That baby is soooo cute! (it makes me want another one!)
Your house looks sooo nice. I would love to see it one day, and I LOVE your new neighbors!!