Monday, November 24, 2008

It is Finished!!

So, when we decided to do a princess themed room for Cambree, I thought, "why don't I make her a quilt for her bed? It will be so much nicer than those we could buy at, say, Wal-mart." So I went to Hobby Lobby in Layton and bought this adorable princess material and embarked on my first real quilting experience. I'm talking measuring and remeasuring, cutting, piecing, sewing (with my mom's help), hand-drawing on the details on the plain panels with disappearing ink, and then hand quilting around every little thing for months. Finally it is finished and gracing our princess' bed and she loves it! When I first showed it to her on her bed she did this:
and then this:
and then she pointed out each princess by name and then gave them a kiss. Her first night that we tucked her into bed, she had a big smile on her face and then she got out of bed and ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug and said, "thank you, mommy!" Crazy? Yea, but she made it worth it.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tanielle said...

These are the moments we live for as a mom! When all our hard work gets HuGe pay off's from our children's excitement and appriciation! You did a great job Crystal! Cambree is too cute!

Brittney said...

All I can say is "WOW!" You are amazing.

Curt, Colleen, CJ and Cassidy said...

You are so crafty!