Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pumpkin Rolls

My Aunt Aleta is famous for her pumpkin rolls that she makes each Christmas. You know how there are certain foods that can transport you back in time? Ripe juicy raspberries take me back to summer time as a kid when we'd climb the fence and eat the raspberries right off the bush. Aleta's pumpkin rolls take me back to Christmas time. It's never really Christmas until you eat a pumpkin roll. Well, last year I asked Aleta for the recipe. My mom warned me that they are difficult to make and that she couldn't ever get them to turn out right. So Aleta emailed me last week and asked if we could get together so that we could make the rolls together so that I could see how to do it right. She came over tonight, and I enjoyed spending time with her--I could have kept going all night! We were done way too soon. We haven't spent time together since I was a little girl. It was great to get to know her again and to learn how to make these delicious rolls. Don't they just make your mouth water looking at them? and believe me, they are even better than you are imagining! I wish that I had thought to take a picture when she was here, oh well. Thanks so much, Aleta, we should do it again sometime. Maybe I could help you with your mass production at Christmas time. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leeann said...

Oh...that looks so so so yummy.