Thursday, May 15, 2008

We have now been in the house for a week. We moved in on Wednesday the 7th. A HUGE thanks to all of those who helped us move that night!
I haven't been able to blog pictures because our computer is still not set up yet. (I'm currently at work right now and so I am finally able to blog and check my email). I will put new pictures up of the final result this weekend once the computer is set up.
We are absolutely loving the house. We were amazed that even on that first night with just our beds sort of set up it felt like home. I think that we have all missed that feeling. Tevan has (thankfully) handled this move much better than the last one. He told me the other day "mom, I love this house. It is so much fun!" Cambree has had a difficult time, though. She has completely reverted back on her potty training. Grrr. At least now she is starting to go again every now and then. Hopefully she'll get it back soon.
Everything is unpacked except the computer room and the garage. Pretty good considering that it has only been a week...at least I think so. We still can't decide how to set up 0ur bedroom, though. I want a new bedding set with color (We're thinking dark red and navy blue) instead of all the brown. I need color!!! We are slowly doing the decorating. The kitchen is pretty much done...have I told you how much I love my kitchen? I wish I could show you a picture right now of the finished product. I'll have to be patient and show you as soon as the computer room gets set up.... Oh, and that huge garden tub--HEAVEN! I could stay in there for hours and hopefully I will do that in the very near future with a good book, chocolate and sprite at my side and a great water heater that keeps on heating! And a sweet husband that keeps the kids occupied... (hint, hint ;)...)
All of the appliances are digital and they are actually fun to use. They make all these cool digital sounds and have lights on everything--oh, and locks so that the kids can't mess up the button settings. Yea, so I am easily entertained! When I cooked a gourmet dinner for the first time in my kitchen, I felt like a chef with the best of everything right at my fingertips. And talk about prep space!
For the techy guys out there, Joseph loves his new flatscreen plasma high-def TV. It really does have an amazing picture on it. Men and their toys....
Tomorrow we are heading to the Hogle Zoo with Tevan's preschool on a field trip. Look for the updated pictures soon. We will be planning an open house in the near future so that we can have everyone over.

2 comments:

the letter "J" said...

How exciting!! I am dying to see the end results. Congrats!!

Leeann said...

Yay for you! I can't wait to see the pictures!