Wednesday, April 16, 2008

OK, so I've been thinking about how this point in building a house is very similar to finals in nursing school. I remember one of my classmates saying: "It's not seeing the light at the end of the sewer that is the problem, it's wading through all the crap to get there!" In other words, it is Crunch Time. We have so much going on right now. It seems like when I am at the house during the day that there is someone working in every room I walk in to. We have lights! I never fully appreciated all that has to happen for a little flip of a switch to turn a light on until this building experience. Tonight on my way to work I drove by and noticed that the garage door opener was on and functioning. It was truly pathetic how much joy and pleasure I found in pushing the button and watching the door open and close. Simple pleasures. Joseph and I seem to be taking turns stressing out and ironically it is usually not at the same time which is quite beneficial because the other one can calm the stressed one down. I'll get more pictures posted soon. I can't believe that in 3 weeks we will actually be done with this year long project. What will I do with all my time??? Believe me, I know exactly what I will do...
1. Play with the kids a whole lot more each day,
2. Go on bike rides to the park
3. Exercise regularly again--there is definite truth to the effects of stress on the body!
4. Scrapbook, scrapbook, scrapbook
5. Have a social life again for both me and the kids.
6. Make fun new decorations for the house
7. Oh, yea, and work on landscaping...ugh!

3 comments:

the letter "J" said...

Good luck with crunch time! I know that you will rest easy when it is all done and you are sleeping in your new house. I am so anxious to see the end result.

jen said...

It will all be worth it. From the pics I've seen, your house looks AMAZING!

Leeann said...

Landscaping. Blech.