Thursday, January 17, 2008



This last month has been...interesting and yet productive. Our computer crashed so we were unable to update the blog for a while. In the meantime, they have finished bricking (the mortar still needs to finish drying which is why it is two different colors). Our brick masons are from Wasatch Masonry and they are awesome to work with, have a great price and are very artistic. Our copper bays were installed and are quickly tarnishing. We were a little surprised just how shiny new copper can be, but luckily there have been a lot of storms lately and so they are quickly darkening to the color we want. There has been a lot of progress inside, too. Our framing is complete, the exterior doors and windows have been installed. We now have stairs going from the garage into the house. Our bathtubs are in...we are very excited to see our master bathtub in (if you can't tell :)!) There will be tile steps leading up to the bathtub with tile surrounding it. Notice the cool arch over the stairs...lovin' it! We also have insulation and all the rough-in wiring, plumbing, heating and air conditioning. Our stucco will begin in the next few days and as soon as the power is turned on in the subdivision (we're crossing our fingers for next week) we will be able to have the sheetrock hung. The rest of the exterior stuff will be finished once the stucco is ready next week. We're moving along quickly and should still be moving in around March. The house is all locked up now, but if anyone wants to come by and see it, let us know, we will be happy to show you around.
Some exciting news in our house is that Cambree is pretty much potty trained...at 22 months! She's been showing interest for a while, but needless to say, I have not had time to really spend with her, so I have just been procrastinating. Well, it finally took Cambree taking every diaper off and saying "ew, yuck!" and running and putting her brothers 'big boy pants' on. Of course big brother didn't like that, so I bought her some Dora and Elmo big girl pants. But they stayed in their package for a couple of days until one night at my grandma's house she asked to go potty and did. The next morning I started just putting her in underwear and she is doing great. I don't have to offer her incentive or do sticker charts or anything really except remind her throughout the day. She does still have some accidents but those are usually my fault because I am running so many errands and don't get her to a potty fast enough when she tells me she needs to go. I really can't complain, I didn't know it could be this easy especially after Tevan taking 9 months to potty train. I'm just counting my lucky stars!

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

It's lookin' great! I can't wait to have a slumber party! ;)
~Cassie

jen said...

looks awesome! that is also wonderful that Cambrie is potty trained. Keaton does not seem in the slightest bit interested.

Tanielle said...

So exciting! Your brick looks so pretty! You are such a great General Contractor Crystal, you rock! - Tanielle

Leeann said...

Wow! It looks great! I would love to come walk around and check out your new digs!
When are we going to get the boys (meaning the "big" boys) together? Josh wants to come out and play. lol

jen said...

Your blogs lookin' awesome. I like the changes you've made.