Monday, October 22, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
I love this time of year! The beginning of the holiday season! We have been very busy with the building of our house---I just had no idea how involved it was going to be. Today when I went out to the lot, they had just finished the backfill so I was able to walk right through the garage and right up to the front porch and stand where our back porch will be...it was such a cool feeling! In about 2 weeks they will have started on the framing and that will be just unbelievable to finally walk around in this house that we have been dreaming about for 6 months. As you'll see below, we have already done the footings and foundation. On Wednesday they will be doing the basement and garage floors and then we will be ready for framing as soon as the framers are ready to do it. We keep hoping and praying that we will be able to get the outside done before winter really sets in. Here's hoping! The developers are getting ready to put in the curbing and then by next week they should be paving our roads. Already the roads are smoothed out so I no longer have to 4-wheel out to the lot in my mini-van!





The kids have loved getting ready for Halloween. We painted pumpkins just for fun and then last week Tevan got to decorate a pumpkin for the Benson Grist Mill Pumpkin Walk and have it displayed with his preschool class.


"TEVAN THE PUMPKIN"

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Wow! It's really coming along. Tevan the Pumpkin is awesome! Does he really wear his hat backward like that? How cute!